Dangerous Goods Category 10 Training is based on EU-OPS Subpart R, ICAO-Technical Instructions (Doc 9284-AN/905 as amended), ICAO Doc. 9481 AN/928, IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and Regulation No 123 of Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia.
On completion of this training, the pilot shall obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge of dangerous goods regulations to the extent necessary to:
On completion of this course the applicant shall:
- Know general philosophy of dangerous goods transportation;
- Understand limitations in air transport;
- Be aware of “List of Dangerous Goods”;
- Identify the hazard and handling labels and marking applicable to dangerous goods;
- Recognize undeclared Dangerous Goods;
- Know storage and loading procedures for transportation of Dangerous Goods;
- Be familiar with of Pilots’ notification when Dangerous Goods are carried on an aircraft;
- Understand the special provisions for passengers and crew;
- Apply the appropriate emergency procedures and understand the requirement to report incidents and accidents.