Foundation in Travel & Tourism Course with Harvard ManageMentor
Build your leadership skills and industry knowledge with a combined focus from IATA and Harvard ManageMentor.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Create efficient travel itineraries and reservations using geography skills and standard industry coding.
- Advise customers about travel document and health requirements, travel insurance, transportation and tourism products and services
- Price and ticket basic air itineraries
- Lead and spark innovation, secure strong teams, and drive business success.
- Plan and manage business processes such as accounting and finance, writing business cases, measuring performance, coaching, marketing and customer loyalty.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel business front-line and back office staff members, supervisors, managers and administratiors, travel agencies and tour operators
- Airline front-line and back office staff members, supervisors, managers and administratiors
- Marketing and sales representatives, managers and administratiors of tourism offices
- General sales agent and call center agents, supervisors and managers
The travel and tourism industry and the travel professional
- Geography in travel planning
- Travel documents and departure formalities
- Travel and tourism products and services
- Air fares, ticketing and GDS functionality
HMM Validity Period and Module Duration
Upon enrolment, you will receive access to over 40 HMM modules, valid for 8 months. .You may complete as many modules as you wish during the 8-month period. Each module is 2-4 hours in duration.
Topics have been intuitively arranged for your benefit
- Selection by category: Managing Yourself, Managing Others, Managing the Business
- Selection by role: First-Time Manager, Mid-Level Manager, Senior Manager
The content is divided into over 40 modules (pdf), each covering an essential management topic. Topics are supported with video insights from leaders and subject matter experts, Harvard Business School case studies, Harvard Business Review articles, templates, Discussion outlines and other resources to enhance the learning experience.
HMM Certificate of Completion
A certificate of completion is awarded at the end of each HMM module to students who achieve a grade of 70% and have viewed 70% of the module content. Certificates may be printed directly from your personal printer.
The IATA exam is based only on the IATA course content. Examination procedures remain unchanged.
This course combines textbook and e-learning materials. A CD-ROM is included in this course study kit, requiring the following minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory.
HMM modules are available in English (v11), Spanish and Mandarin (v10)
Examination information 2013
|Exam date||Enrolment deadline||Exam registration deadline||Results|
|Mar 06||Dec 30||Jan 09||Apr 24|
|Jun 07||Feb 28||
Exam location- airBalticTraining, Riga, Latvia
Application form - HERE
Phone: +371 67788368
Mobile: +371 26116606